January 13, 2020
The notorious novelist and journalist Hunter S. Thompson once said: “Anything that gets your blood racing is probably worth doing.”
Ask yourself some questions:
- Are you happy with the direction of your work and career?
- Are you really doing what you want to do and going in your planned direction?
- Do you feel in control of your growth, development and future?
- Are you where you want to be?
- Have you accomplished all you thought you would by now?
When you know what your core values are, then you can use them to make your work more meaningful. Try to connect the parts of your job that feel less meaningful to a core value, and find ways to work your core values into your job
10Eighty’s top two tips:
- What did you enjoy doing when you were a child – before life got in the way? Can you use these memories to help find your true passion?
- Try a new perspective think about being very old – what might you wish you had spent your life doing?
Consider your talents, values, qualities and what people like about you in order to find your true interests and reconnect with your childhood dreams and chase the rainbows that matter to you today.
We think that curiosity is important and purpose might be found by thinking clearly about yourself and your life. What challenges have you faced? What strengths helped you to overcome them? How did other people help you? How did your strengths help make life better for others? Research shows that having a strong life purpose is good for both physical and mental health.
Positivity and visualisation
Clarify what you really want, then plan your route using goal development, positive affirmations and visualisation. Start taking the actions that will move you in this right direction.
It’s never too late to make changes, to find the path to true fulfilment.
Find your passion and purpose in life and you will be happier and healthier, a better collaborative and creative worker, a good team player as well as being more reliable. You will be able to see that mistakes are opportunities for growth and look for the opportunities in change and challenge
At 10Eighty we believe that people work best when they’re passionate, it makes them more productive. Helping people find purpose and motivation in their work is our mission in life.
To speak with our friendly team about managing your career , call us on 0207 947 4130 or email info@10Eighty.co.uk