May 8, 2020
What was the issue presenting itself?
My client had worked for an investment firm for the last six years and held a senior role within HR and Talent. She had only recently returned at the organisation for 3 months following her maternity leave, when her consultation began for her redundancy. My client found this very difficult and her confidence was already low having returned to work to experience a lot of change so quickly. We agreed to work on building confidence and gaining a new role.
The aim was to land a more senior role with management responsibility. My client was very keen to increase her employment benefits with the desire to have a much better work and home life balance. Her ultimate goal was to have a ‘head of’ level role within the next five years.
What did I, as her coach, do to help?
- Worked on the change curve and confidence
- Carried out a full CV review to ensure it was fit for purpose
- Edited LinkedIn profile
- Worked on network developmen
- Covered job search strategies
- Wrote a career plan to achieve five-year plan
- Focused on how to find and work with recruiters
- Practiced Interview techniques
- Covered negotiation skills
- Held regular review meetings to monitor progress and next steps
- Once offer received, worked on negotiating the best package
- Held session on her approach for returning to her new role
- Wrote a work life balance plan
Through extensive activity working with her existing and expanding network and recruiters, my client received a job offer within six months. She accept the role to manage a team of three and negotiated a £20,000 pay rise from her last role. The client was much more confident about her future and ability to be successful within her new role.