May 8, 2020
What was the issue presenting itself?
My client had worked for an investment firm for the last six years and held a senior role within HR and Talent. She had only recently returned at the organisation for 3 months following her maternity leave, when her consultation began for her redundancy. My client found this very difficult and her confidence was already low having returned to work to experience a lot of change so quickly. We agreed to work on building confidence and gaining a new role.
The aim was to land a more senior role with management responsibility. My client was very keen to increase her employment benefits with the desire to have a much better work and home life balance. Her ultimate goal was to have a ‘head of’ level role within the next five years.
What did I, as her coach, do to help?
- Worked on the change curve and confidence
- Carried out a full CV review to ensure it was fit for purpose
- Edited LinkedIn profile
- Worked on network developmen
- Covered job search strategies
- Wrote a career plan to achieve five-year plan
- Focused on how to find and work with recruiters
- Practiced Interview techniques
- Covered negotiation skills
- Held regular review meetings to monitor progress and next steps
- Once offer received, worked on negotiating the best package
- Held session on her approach for returning to her new role
- Wrote a work life balance plan
Through extensive activity working with her existing and expanding network and recruiters, my client received a job offer within six months. She accept the role to manage a team of three and negotiated a £20,000 pay rise from her last role. The client was much more confident about her future and ability to be successful within her new role.
Like this Case Study?
Global Outplacement Support
10Eighty were asked to deliver a global outplacement support offering across the UK, USA, Canada, Australia and the EU.
July 23, 2020Read article
High Quality Career Transition Support
Hear how 10Eighty supported this global private banking group through a change programme delivering career transition support to their affected employees.
June 4, 2020Read article
Finding Balance & Perspective
Find out how Resilience coach restored balance and perspective with her client focusing on 3 key areas.
May 8, 2020Read article
Leave your details and we’ll be in touch
If you’d like to know more about what we do, leave your details below and we’ll call you to chat