May 8, 2020
What was the issue presenting itself?
The client had worked for an investment firm for 9 years and achieved a senior managerial position. He had a limited external network and had not searched for a new role for some time so was not up to date regarding job search strategies including recruitment firms and LinkedIn. He had recently moved to a commuter town in Kent with his wife and 3 young children so ideally needed to find right role relatively quickly.
The aim was to land a similar and hopefully more senior role within the financial services sector in the City within 6 months.
What did we do to help?
1. Full CV review to ensure it was fit for purpose
2. LinkedIn profile editing
3. Worked on network development
4. Covered job search strategies
5. Focused on how to find and work with recruiters
6. Covered required weekly activity levels requiring a disciplined approach
7. Had regular review meetings to monitor progress and next steps
8. Provided Interview Skills training, maximising the use of tools on 10Eighty’s career portal
9. Once offer received, worked on negotiating the best package
Through extensive activity working with his existing and expanding network and recruiters, the client received two job offers within 3 – 4 months from the start of his outplacement programme. He accepted the best job offer and with support, managed to negotiate a substantial uplift in salary from his previous role in line with market norm.
Is this the end of office life as we know it?
May 27, 2020Read article
COVID-19: Actionable insights from HR leaders that you can use today
May 22, 2020Read article
Surviving & Thriving during the challenges of COVID-19
May 4, 2020Read article
Recognising stress in others
April 29, 2020Read article